Thursday, August 26, 2010

They Gave Me a Medal!




Last Saturday night, the United Daughters of the Confederacy Varina Howell Davis Chapter 2559 celebrated its 20th anniversary. A great turnout attended the event, which was held in Hernando, Mississippi. After a delicious dinner, the guests were entertained by members who were decked out in their finest fashions. Needless to say, these over-accessorized ladies proceeded to adorn the vice president and new president's grandmother with their stylings while convincing everyone to join and attend the monthly meetings.

Following a wonderful presentation by Annie Ruth Brown about "not so famous Confederates," two people were bestowed the prestigious Stonewall Jackson medal. I am happy to report that I was one of them! Thank you so much ladies for giving me the honor of participating in your chapter's events during the past year. It has been fun and enlightening, and I have made lifelong friendships. My sincere gratitude and thanks to all of you. I can't wait to see what next year brings!

No comments: